Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lost my Breath

Lost my Breath
---------------
I keep waiting for my breath,
To come back,
But it never does,
So come finish me off,
Break my heart with.

Noone should be seperated from the one they love,
Cause it shatters spirits,
Shatters hopes,
Causes one's self worth,
To be abolished,
Demolished,
Lost without hope to change,
To be what it once was,
That first time he or she looked into your eyes,
When their heart skipped that beat,
The way their hands shook your's good bye,
Because in that first instance of heat
Between the two of us,
Between the two of anyone,
Forever,
Gone.

So run after the one who stole your breath,
Maybe they'll be their to catch you,
Cause maybe they never forgot you,
Cause maybe, just maybe,
You meant something to them,
Barely,
A small gem,
That sparkled to that one person,
Whos first eye contact,
Sparkled, a recipricol action,
Whos smile cracked,
Your fragile heart,
And you know deep down,
Only that one person can make it right.

~Daniel Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment